The Circle C Disc Golf Course in Austin is now open for play again!!!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 (14:41:36)
Posted by SiteMod
While the project is not completely finished, it is close enough to get the course back in and to get players out there enjoying it. The new tee signs probably won’t be installed until next week (but they will be great), and there will be some small on-going projects out there for about the next month.
The Circle C re-opening is the culmination of years of work by Waterloo Disc Golf Club to get major improvements made on our disc golf courses. We hope, and expect, that this is just the beginning.
This project includes:
* A great partnership between Waterloo Disc Golf Club and City of Austin Parks & Recreation.
* The biggest investment by the city in disc golf since the early 1990s.
* Hundreds of volunteer hours put in by the club and its members, and over $6,000 of the club's money spent on the improvements.
* A re-designed course, now 18 holes, with short and long tee pads on many of the holes.
* Concrete tee pads and awesome tee signs on both the short and long positions.
The Club sends HUGE THANKS out to Mike Olse, Dan Mueller, Mike Graham, Josh Rippie, and all the other fantastic volunteers and workers who made this all happen; and to Disc Nation and Houck Design for their great support as well!
For questions about this project, please contact Dan Mueller at (512) 293-7592.