2017 Waterloo Club Membership Renewal
Thursday, December 29, 2016 (02:49:13)
Posted by GordoMK
2017 is almost here and Waterloo Disc Golf Club (WDGC) is ready for a full year of disc golf fun in the beautiful City of Austin, Texas! This is the perfect opportunity to renew your annual club membership to help support our ongoing efforts to improve disc golf in our town. If you aren’t yet current on your 2017 club membership, now is the time.
To make it much easier, you can now renew online! Disc Golf United (DGU), a great online tournament registration site, is now set up to take Waterloo Club renewals; and new members can join the club through DGU too. Here is the link to the page, just choose which renewal option you would like, cus1 – cus5 are the Renewal options: 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, or renew for your lifetime. This is also a place where people can join the club, cus6 & cus7 are New Member options. DGU Waterloo Club Membership
So… how did WGDC do in 2016?
• 39th Annual Waterloo Disc Golf Classic tournament: 170 players at Hancock Golf Course, raised $9,100 for the Austin Ronald McDonald House, bringing our donation grand total since the late 1990s to more than $117,000; and we also raised $3,000 for improvements to Austin-area courses.
• 16th Ice Bowl: 147 people took part, and we raised $1,825 plus 289 pounds of food for the Capital Area Food Bank. Ice Bowl grand totals since 2000 now over $12,000 and 3,800 pounds of food.
• 4th Young at Heart Parent/Child Doubles: 66 teams, we raised $1,450 for EDGE; 28 of those 55 teams had kids who were 8 years old or younger.
• Held a number of workdays at Roy G. Guerrero, Zilker, Circle C, and Bartholomew.
• Ran other, smaller events: Bart Minis every Saturday; plus Spring, Summer, and Fall Leagues at Zilker.
• Sponsored 34 tournaments and events with over $18,500 in cash, merchandise, and support.
• 50 new club members, bringing our total membership to 555 members.
Club Membership Renewal Prices: Get a $10 Disc Nation certificate with your membership renewal – that means one year really only costs you $5 bucks!
1 Year: $15
3 Years: $40 ($5 discount)
5 Years: $65 ($10 discount)
10 Years: $125 ($25 discount)
Lifetime Renewal: $300 (your own new BFF! Waterlooooo!)
To renew, please mail in a check for your renewal (Waterloo DGC, PO Box 33531, Austin, TX, 78764), or you can pay in-person at the Ice Bowl on Feb. 4th at Zilker, or renew online through the DGU site, DGU Waterloo Club Membership . If your address, phone number, or email has changed recently, please note the change with your payment.
The club’s 2017 goal is to reach 600 members by year’s end. We need you to keep your membership current AND get your friends to join the club. You may be due for renewal. To check your status, go to Waterloo Club Member List. This link will take you directly to a Google Document showing our member list as a .pdf file. The list is in two sections: 1st is by last name, 2nd is by club member number. If the far right-hand column next to your name is blank, or says “Current Through 2016”, then it’s time to renew!!
You can also find a Google Docs link to the member list on our Facebook page (Waterloo Club Facebook Page), or send us an email to ask (email@example.com).
Waterloo Disc Golf Club is continuing as a PDGA Affiliate Club in 2017. Any current club member that wishes to join the PDGA or renew their PDGA membership through the club will receive a $5 discount on those membership fees. If you are interested in getting the Waterloo Club discount, contact us for the coupon code, then click on the following link: PDGA Membership
• Choose “Join Now” or “Renew Now” and enter your information
• When you get to the payment screen, enter the code in the “Coupon” field to get your $5 discount.
For more information about club membership renewals, or the club in general, you can call the WDGC cell phone at (512) 994-9508, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our Facebook page, Waterloo Club Facebook Page.
Thank you for your support of Waterloo Disc Golf Club!
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
And “Thank You” to Disc Nation for their year-round sponsorship of the club and their support for all we do!
Disc Nation Website